Jerry Harwood STZ: You have written books in multiple genres. Do you enjoy writing in any specific genre more than the others? JH: My favorite genre is probably young adult fantasy but a close second is horror. Those may not sound connected and I suppose they aren’t really. However, as a middle school and high school student that’s what I read. Fafnir and the Grey Mouser, Dune, Deanne Koontz, and Tales from the Crypt. I suppose now my joy is to write books young males would enjoy like I did. Since those two genres opened up the world of reading to myself I gravitate there more often than not. STZ: Where do you get inspiration for your stories? JH: I think my big picture ideas come from mash-ups of stories I’ve read. My recent young adult fantasy derived from reading a nonfiction work on King Arthur and Timeline by Michael (Jurassic park guy). Internally, my characters are all too often people I know in real life. STZ: Who are some of your favorite w...
Comments
Post a Comment